Monday, February 21, 2011

How to make quick and easy playdough!

Half term has not gotten off to a good start here. After a wonderful day with my Son on Saturday celebrating his 6th birthday, I now have 3 children with a sickness bug and an over active 7 month old who this morning, fell off the bed and now nursing a carpet burn on his chin!

Judging by other Mummy's Facebook and Twitter updates, it seems many of you are in similar situations either with poorly children or stuck in over half term due to the poor weather (roll on summer!) So I thought I would share with you something that the children and I would have done today had they all been well.

Play-dough is a huge hit in our house, and often my 2 girls will happily spend a whole afternoon making shapes and models which is great when Daddy and the boys want some peace on a Sunday to watch the football. But I seemed to spend lots of money replacing play-dough that had dried up and gone hard or had been mashed with other colours to make a big brown goo so I decided to source a good play-dough reciepe to make our own.
I needed something quick, cheap and preferably easy enough so that the girls could do most of it themselves, knowing how determined they are, I knew they would want to do as much without mummy 'interfering'! Although, obviously I do not recommend the children do the hot water part themselves!

This recepie is the quickest by far and will keep for a long time after in sandwich bags.

I hope you have as much fun as we did!

Quick and easy Play-Dough!

You will need:
1/2 a cup of Salt
1 cup of plain flour
1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
1 tablespoon of oil
1 cup of boiling water with a few drops of food colouring added

How to make:

Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix vigorously with the hot water (adult needed for this part)

Sit back and relax while the children play quietly (we hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment